Sunday, 19 July 2015

Fimir: Boglins, Boglars.. Swamp Goblins and Nasties


As I'm now building up my Fimir for joint use in WhFB3 and KoW2 I wanted to expand the unit choice just a tad outside of just Fimm (Fianna or otherwise).

For WhFB3 I went with a block of  Beastmen.

Now for KoW2 I'm going with Boglins/Boglars ect as the Ogre List I'm basing my Fimir on has access to a unit type called Red Goblins (A race of Goblinoids who are a tad less cowardly)

After talking out some options with the FB Oldhammer and Fimir groups on which figures to use, I've painted up these as a test pieces.

Both figures are by Midlam Minitures a company I just love and have used many many times, these are Goblins of the Free Forest and used to be made by Metal Magic before they exploded.

The Flaming torch is a conversion using the plastic Skaven Warlord back banner from IoB starter set.


While I was taking these pictures Omelette the Bogling King popped out to say hi to the readers of OoaB before trying to eat his loyal subjects.


8 comments:

  1. A wonderful pair of Goblins Chico, and that torch is absolutely gob-smackingly good. You really do paint flames exceptionally well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I glad you like my pair ;) I paint flames basic hehe

      Delete
  2. Those are lovely goblin models, I love the colouring you've done on the torch flame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Cracking work on the gobbos! I do love the flame effect you've managed to get too!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. now you get back to work and get some more of ya toys painted to post about :)

      Delete
  4. That flame effect really is nicely done. Have you ever posted a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was posted in another post on a comment how it was done, I'll see if I can find it heh

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...