Saturday 18 April 2020

The Realm of Middle Earth - Pt.1: Mordor Orcs and Uruks


Hello B's and G's, it's been a wee while eh?

Well in this crazy time we all need some extra hobby (Hobbit?) content so I though feck it why not post some random stuff on the internet to some fellow strange people..

While some of you are in lockdown I'm sadly not and still having to work as a essential worker so can't promise frequent updates, I do have plenty of stuff ready to upload for this new series: The Realm of Middle Earth.

So some context for the last 6 months or so I've become obsessed with all things ME:SBG (Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game) that's been around in one form or another since 2001 when I was a Red shirt in GW Watford.

So for the first post I'd though I'd show off some of my Orcs and Uruks:

These lads are from Cirith Ungol, so a mix of Black Uruks and Stinkin' Morgul Rats.


"Its name was Cirith Ungol, a name of dreadful rumour."
—The Two Towers, "The Black Gate is Closed"

Cirith Ungol passed through the western mountains of Mordor and paralleled the Morgul-road into Gondor to some degree. It was guarded by the Tower of Cirith Ungol, which was built by the Men of Gondor after the War of the Last Alliance of Elves and Men was fought. It is not known whether the pass and the tower were called Cirith Ungol when the Men of Gondor held it, though it is likely since Shelob "...was there before Sauron, and before the first stone of Barad-dûr" was laid, and Cirith Ungol meant 'Spider's Cleft' in Sindarin.

The pass was reached by several sets of steep stairs leading from close by Minas Morgul along the north cliff-face of Morgul Vale and through a tunnel high in the mountains, with other steep stretches that lacked stairs. Eventually, the path ran straight into Shelob's lair, though many side-tunnels had been carved by Orcs and Men to get past her webs.



Have to say I've loved painting these and it was a pure nostalgia trip in doing so.

I still have many more to finish including Wargs, Trolls, Uruks, Shaman and pretty much anything else I can get my grubby hands on from ebay by the time I finish the bits already mentioned.

But this isn't my only ME army project (4 seperate ones in fact) and my next post will show something completely different for you all to enjoy.

Thats you lot for now so remember stay safe and be excellent to each other.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...