Friday, 9 August 2013

Opening up old blister packs

Hey,

Today i have done something i have never had the chance to do before, no this isn't a story about me losing my Virginity ;) But rather today i have opened a long OOP blister pack...shock horror!


This is the first time i had to do this for a blister pack this old and it was indeed alot harder then i thought it was going to be, sure they are gaming pieces and they are there to be painted and used (As anyone knows me i hate unpainted armies). But even still breaking that seal after 20 years or more untouched brought a tear to my eye.. well ok not quite but you get the idea.

So what's your take on opening the old packs? Do you do it? Do you keep the packs after?

Cheers
Chico

7 comments:

  1. It's a seminal moment for any oldhammerer. I recall opening a sealed pack a fianna fimm. I took a moment to reflect on the 80's air trapped within before getting the scalpel out. I always keep the backing card from old packs, especially the John Blanche ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh your right, that 80's air smelt good.. it smelt like.. umm.. stale socks? lol

      Delete
  2. I've popped a few old blisters in recent years. Had a pack of Melniboneans, a pack of elves (Melnibonean models though), and a pack of Pan Tangians all from the 80's and a pack of Mk 1 Space Marines from the early 90's. Considering that they just went in the lead pile I could have kept them intact but I like to have the models in hand. The backing cards weren't in the best condition on any of them though so they got binned shortly afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine jumped straight to the top of my painting queue, just to make sure i got them painted :)

      Delete
  3. Blisters are meant to be open!

    http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/2012/08/happiness-is-open-blister.html

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true Mr Blue, heh ohhh i'm a poet and didn't knowit

      Delete
  4. I opened a Fimir blister too. Then I sold on a Meargh figure tucked into it- not resealed or passed off as its own blister of course, it wasn't even in the ebay photo, but it felt nice to pass on the piece of history along with the figure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...