Wednesday, 4 February 2015

SAGA: 4pts Viking Warband complete


Arhhh that feels good, it's been awhile since I first started this Warband and to have them finished at last (6 weeks for just 21 figures ugh!) of course I still have 2pts left to paint for larger games (Not that my regular players play more then 4pts) but they can wait.

The last 8 to be finished were the Viking Bondi (Warriors) these are Gripping Beast Dark Age Warrior plastics. Yes I'd preferred to run all metals but I'm on a Budget after all plus these got picked up at Orcs Nest on Black Friday.



While the details are quite soft and flat I'm happy with them and ready for a 3-way SAGA game tonight against some Welsh and Anglo-Danes. It'll be odd using Vikings for the first time and against Anglo-Danish my first faction I played SAGA with.

Anyway enjoy and I'm off to pick another project to work on... I only have 1 or 2 to choose from honest guv! *Coughs*

5 comments:

  1. Looking nice, every couple of months I get Saga-induced miniature lust. I think it's something to do with the big patterned shields!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love SAGA as once you get the books and dice (Not really needed) it's dirty cheap for a warband as £25 is about avg for mine :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting a project completed, always a challenge. One thing that struck me was how old the guys look. Seems like there are quite a few 50+ year olds in the mix. I applaud you for smashing age sterotypes in gaming!!

    Battle Report, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh it's because most the force is Hearthguard, veteran aged professional warriors with titles and wealth. As for the gruntz it's a hard life that ages you fast hehe

      Delete
  3. Well done my friend. They look terrific and definitely a force to be feared on the gaming tabletop. Good luck with tonight's game... and selecting your new project. More Dredd ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...