Thursday, 31 December 2015

Chico's Last Painted Figure of 2015

Chico's Last Painted Figure of 2015

And it ain't even Oldhammer...

Shock horror eh?

Well not so much I guess as on OoaB I've always gone and posted any random figure I painted and has since grown to include many wonderful and varied posts.

So at the end of the day who cares if it ain't Oldhammer?

Wanna see it?


Yep it's a Forgeworld LE Boarding Captain from a few years back.

Painted in glorious Emperor's Children colours and on a Daemonscape Base my go too resin base makers.


Why did I paint it?

Well I've been out of the mainstream GW fold for such a long time that some bits *Cough* Forgeworld) *Cough* seem appealing again and 30k/Horus Heresy fluff is one thing I have always found interesting (As my stash of 30 odd BL HH Novels can attest) even when outside GW's hard cold grip.

Welp as a final figure of the year I'm pleased with it and I'll wonder what 2016 will bring..

Happy Drink Beer everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Chico. Thanks very much indeed for all your tip top postings over the past twelve months and for popping by my own blog from time to time. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with over the next twelve months :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and hope you have a great new year.

      Delete
  2. That is a fine gold you have achieved on that armour - do you mind explaining what you used to create it? Gold being one of my targets for improvement you see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's far too hard to write out how I did it... being so many steps but sure I'll try.

      AP Greedy Gold over Black Prime.
      AP Strong Tone wash.
      Re-edge with Greedy Gold.
      Done.

      Phew.. so many steps hehe

      Delete
    2. Thank you Cheeky-Chops. It looks like I need to get hold of some of this Greedy Gold paint. Off to eBay....

      Delete
    3. The Army Painter Metalics are the best on the market along with their washes.

      Delete
  3. love the purple hued ones! yet never really had a bash at my own, would love a bunch of the classic noisemarines and some other fitting pieces for a small force of them/what they became.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love purple and gold together, I have other the years done 4/5 EC's armies but this is the first time I done a Pre-HH one :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...