Wednesday, 26 April 2017

Beyond the Gates of Antares - Boromites Pt.1


Well I went and did it didn't I?

Yep another game for me to spend money on!

So if you remember from this POST I was ummming and eerrring on what race I should do (If I did of course start the game).

So Boromite's won out by simply being nice chunky metals over annoying multi-part plastic kits.



 First problem: The box contained 6 Bodies but only 5 Heads, gah.. Ok not a good start. A bit of hunting found a Gasmask head from the now OOP Evil Dorf Range. 

While a tag big it'll painted like a armoured helmet. so good enough botch.


Second Problem: Bases, or in this case how to base them.

I had 3 options:

25mm Round
25mm Lipped
32mm Resin

Resin won out but the problem was though that they had rather thick base tabs  so I got cutting/sniping/swearing and with only 1 broken foot I managed to get them done.


So that takes us too,

Third Problem: Bases look massive! and will no doubt effective transportation and gaming.. so after my hard work with the tabs I may just go back to the 25mm lipped..

Meh!!

What do you guys think? Bases yay or nay?

Ps. Yes I noticed the bloody flash too!

Ta Ta for now!

12 comments:

  1. Nice choice, Chico :-) I'd contact "Warlord Games" about the head, as they've always sent me replacements in the past when I've had an issue. I think the bases look awesome imho too, and shouldn't impact too much upon gameplay either. Do have some larger ones for the Boromite cavalry etc as it would be a shame not to have your entire force based the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I contacted them but not heard back, so I just went ahead anyway. I do have matching bases but because these are also what I use for Necromunda and Horus Hersey basing, but I am thinking og jumping to the smaller bases.

      Delete
    2. I think bases look fine (and I'm not generally in favour of big bases ). Stop messing about and get painting!

      Delete
    3. Heh yes sir (Bases have now been changed though) ;)

      Delete
  2. Smaller basing. Even though these resin efforts look really nice, I do think they are a tad large.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the bases that way you can cross them over into necromunda and heresy games if you want!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na I like to keep my games apart so not to worried about them matching other systems :)

      Delete
  4. Nice bases, look forwad to seeing them all painted up. Managed to resist buying Antares, but was very tempted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antares as a game is growing on me due to how familiar it is.

      Delete
  5. Personally, I like those big bases. They may get in the way of game play, but from a modelling perspective, I think they will look just grand and make your figures really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been replaced as I had a rather interesting idea for Alien bases :) The first test figure is also looking good :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...