Wednesday 21 March 2018

3D Printing... I bloody love it!


Wow been awhile since the last post, I made that fatal mistake of stating that it was getting warmer again and that I'd start getting back in the flow of things..

What happened.. The Beast for the East and the worst weather in decades... Ooops!

Still I'm almost got back into the hobby swing so it's time for some Blogging! (Yay?).

So we all know about 3D printing and how it's been slowly but surely improving and getting cheaper over the last few years.

I'm a big fan of it myself so I'd thought I'd share my experience.

3D printed trucks

I own a fair number of 3D 1/56 scale WW2 which I have bought over the years and honestly while still not quite at the level of plastic kits once painted and on the tabletop they aren't far from it.

Spot the 3D printed.
So whats the made benefit for me to go the 3D printed route, simple it's the cost.

Ranging from £3 - £7 to ''print'' a 1.56 scale tank or £6 - £15 to buy (At the lower end quality, mind places like Shapeways you can spend £30-£50 on high end stuff).

Lucky for me a good friend has a 3D printer which is earning it's keep.

A futuristic artillery tank ''Hammer of Gods'' next too a Tiger 1.
Now there are some dodgy areas when it come to 3D printing, you really don't want to step on anyone's IP (So no printing endless 40k tanks). 

But like the futuristic artillery tank ''Hammer of Gods'' pictured above there are many files around of suitable proxies which can fit in the lore of 40k (While note a perfect match, pretty damn good).

So what are your views? Do you own any 3D printed bits

That's your lot for now, thanks for reading and Ta Ta for now! 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...