Friday, 11 October 2013

Reaper Bones... Dun Dun Dun!


So today I decided to finally bite the bullet and order some Reaper Bones miniatures.

What are Bones Miniatures?

The Bones material is a polymer plastic. It is light-weight and slightly flexible, and is very durable. You can paint a Bones figure straight out of the package, and that paint job will also be pretty durable. Bones figures are as detailed as metal figures, for a much lower cost. Bones miniatures are produced with integral (built-in) bases, but it is easy to cut the miniature off of the base if you prefer to put it on something else. It is also easy to cut the figures apart to convert them into different poses or change weapons.

So what did I order and where from I hear you cry!

Well first of all I ordered from Miniature Heroes a great little webstore from what I heard and the owner is a member of LAF.

Now a large lot of the Reaper range isn't for me being mostly designed for RPG action rather then Wargaming, but nonetheless there are some great figures.

So what I ordered to try out the range:
Virina, Female Demon

Naked Demon lady.. what can i say perfect for me and will we used as a Demon Princess for my Fimir (My slave unit will be Hasslefree's naked women)

Purple Worm

To borrow the idea from Mr Saturday and his wonderful Fimir (Found HERE) I will be using these as Chaos Spawn and maybe a couple mounted together as a Hell Cannon.

Cave Troll

Any reason I bought him? Nope but I sure as hell will find him a place in one of my many projects.

So I spent a total of £6 for 3 large figures so I have to say I love the price point, hopefully they'll come soon and I'll be able to paint them up without too much fuss.

What's your take on Reaper's Bones line?

10 comments:

  1. Miniature Heroes informed me my own Bones figures are on their way this morning, so excited! I've handpicked a Witch Hunter Mordheim Warband for the winter campaign. Glad I'm not the only Fimir army builder who is featuring naked ladies, was beginning to think maybe Slaanesh had taken my soul...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it'll be rude not to have naked ladies in a Rape Lizard force lol It's Ok though I'm only using 40 or so nakked ladies :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the bones stuff myself. Found there a very slight loss of details compared to metal, but it's not noticable once it's all painted.

    Ady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price difference a slight loss of detail is a small factor, Looking forward to getting mine.

      Delete
    2. Yup, I don't mind the difference either.....

      Ady

      Delete
  3. I am thinking about getting a handfull of the Virina figures to use as vargheists in my Vampire Count army. US$20 for six of them versus US$94 for six of the GW vargheists.

    ColKG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye the Bones are so cheap it isn't even funny when compared to new GW stuff

      Delete
  4. Hey Chico, check out this blog, the guy's mini's are beautifully painted and his scenery is awesome. Sadly he has few followers, let's show him some oldhammer community love: http://theleadpile.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/inq28.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine came, woohoo! The faces are a little simplified compared to the usual Reaper glory and there are some of the 'blank' areas around mould lines which are prevailant in GW 'cheap' models, but for the price these guys are pretty darn awesome, looking forward to painting them... when everything else is done! Oh, but first I need to find out how to straighten bent swords and staffs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine haven't even been dispatched yet, sadness even though everything i ordered was in stock. Bent bones is easy to sort.. just use a hair dryer at lowest heat setting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...