Friday, 9 October 2015

Orctober 2015 Pt.1 - Mordor Marches!


Now as I'm sure we all know Erny from the self titled Erny's Place runs the Oldhammer version of Orctober every year.

Now this year I was going to sit it out as I'm quite burned out on Greenskins as I'm doing a Hobgoblin force for Tale of 4 Oldhammer Gamers & my Mordheim Orc Royal Court.

But as my treat for starting my new job I ordered some 10mm Orcs from Copplestone Castings and they turned up less then 24 hours after ordering woot!

Now I only done a small order but enough to get started on for the time being.


The prep work has started and for the first time ever I'm going to paint them all separate then combine and do all the base work. Not sure how it's going to work but it should be interesting at least.




Well thanks for looking and keep an eye out for updates.

10 comments:

  1. Good one mate! Lovely miniatures too, I have the original BoFA sculpts plastic and lead and a bit of Copplestones stuff too. Not yet painted except for a few Dwarves. Look forward to seeing what you achieve, knowing you it will be both fast and look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love some of the BoFA's Greenskins as they'd make good goblins to go with the copplestone Orcs but they sell for silly money even for plastics.

      Delete
    2. When it came out my mate happened to run an internet games shop, before all the big ones took over and drummed everyone else out. He used to do us bloody good deals so I got at least one of everything they released for the game. Someday I'll get round to it.

      Delete
    3. Arhhh it's one of those types of projects, I have plenty of those that I'll someday get round too hehe

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new job!
    Those are some nifty looking sculpts. Can't wait to see how they look painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, been 3 weeks now and it's hard graft but beats sitting at home watching day time telly :)

      Delete
  3. I have done 10mm historicals and my basing technique is thus:

    1. Glue all the painted models onto the base. I normally gloss varnish them first to give 'em a bit of protection at this stage.
    2. Paint pva all over the base and sprinkle on fine sand.
    3. When dry seal sand with watered-down pva mix.
    4. When dry paint sand with heavily watered down brown acrylic. This acts as a wash and provides natural highlights (basically so you don't have to dry-brush).
    5. Matt varnish.
    6. Add flock (I cover most of the base).

    I'm very interested to see how you get on with these guys. One of the things I love in this scale is the epic scenery options, for instance: http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=16560.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going the easier route (I hope) and paint everything seperate (As seen) then use texured paint to base them, thinking Blackfire Earth with a Bone drybrush. It'll help to break up my dark painting style :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely miniatures, Copplestone stuff is always good, I have some half painted orcs, you're making me think I should get them out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should or I an adopt them from you and give them a warm welcoming home hehe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...