Friday, 4 August 2017

Horus Heresy: Emperor's Children - Cataphractii Terminators & Techmarine


Good morning my fellow Wargamers and Lead Heads.

Once again I have been painting up my 30k/Pre-Heresy Emperor's Children.

Last time I showed you my Traitor Librarian-Sorcerer which I really enjoy converting and painting.

Today though I have 2 new units finished and all are converted, it would be rude not too eh?

First up my Cataphractii Terminators.


A few years ago I traded away a large number of Squats and one of these trades I received a large bag of Forgeworld EC bits which along with a host of other bits included 23 Phoenix Terminator legs and torsos but only enough bits to make 6 complete Phoenix Terminators.



So what was I going to do with the 17 other incomplete kits?

Well I sold off 5 torsos and legs to fund buying another Forgeworld 2011 Event Miniature Boarding Captain as I had lost the shield on my one (Favourite EC Mini, so had to replace the missing part).

That leaves 12, which I've converted so far 5 into the Cataphractii Terminators using BaC plastice arms and weapons.



Simple and effective if I do say so myself.

Next up is a Tech Marine:

I picked him up cheap on Ebay as I liked the kitbash. All I did was give him a new Mk.3 left arm and EC Pad plus a new base.

A lick of paint later and he's done.



Whelp that's your lot for today, as always comments welcome even if it's just to say how much you fancy me ;)

Ta Ta for now!

20 comments:

  1. I thought everyone fancied you?

    Great looking marines mate. I really like the techmarine especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahs it's a hard life being a stud, how will I ever manage ;) hehe and thank you.

      Delete
  2. The EC purple and gold scheme is a favourite of mine, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I love painting purple and gold, the AP washes just make it so easy :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely stuff.... you're churning out these boys rapidly ain't ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and na they are taking far too long per figure sadly :(

      Delete
    2. Shall we try and do a second edition game at BOYL 18 with Heresy figures

      Delete
    3. Having not played 2nd ed since the Mid 90's it would be interesting, but I'm already quite booked up. What days are you up on anyway?

      Delete
    4. Friday through to Sunday. I'm planning to run a Fallout game on the Saturday though and they usually take all day!

      If we keep it simple.... infantry only; it should be quick to pick up again

      Delete
    5. We'll see closer to the day mate when all the games times get known, as it stands though I'm running my own Star Wars game, playing the all day Rigg game and in the Mechanicus Warband game.

      Delete
  4. Some lovely stuff on show here, Chico, and arguably some of your very best work!! Awesome eye candy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but not as much eye candy as you are ;) hehe

      Delete
  5. As you say simple basic conversions produce the best results every time and these look great fella :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best conversions are ones which look unconverted in my mind :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...