Tuesday 15 August 2017

KR Multicases - Budget Storage/Transporting Review(ish)



Now this really isn't going to be a true review of sorts but rather just me rambling on for a bit and no doubt teaching you to suck eggs.

So for many years (Read: 25) I've used GW hard plastic gaming cases as in part I was just lazy and didn't know much else. But for awhile now I really haven't been happy with them, they are big clunky beasts that take up far too much space (I have 12 GW cases ranging from the earlier generations to the massive double size army case).

Also their other main flaw though is cost, yep what else did you expect from a Blog with ''Budget'' in the title.

I'm a cheap bastard.


When I started gaming outside of the GW sphere I still used their cases as that's what I had and as the saying goes ''Waste not, Want not''.

Now my gaming has changed again and now focuses on Skirmish level games and travelling on public transport, so I'm not really in need of the giant heavy army cases anymore.

So I decided to take the punt awhile ago and see what else is out there.


I was staggered at the wealth of options out there now but in the end I went with the KR range (Bet you didn't see that coming, oh wait you read the title).

KR Multicase, based in the UK, sells relatively cheap foam trays and cases with free shipping. They have a variety of case types, ranging from cardboard to aluminium. 

They sell an extensive range of grid-layout trays, a few pick and pluck trays and a large range of custom pre-cut trays for games like 40k, Flames of War/TANKS and Dropship Commander. 

The manufacturers aim is to create a "durable, yet economic solution"

Cost wise for the smallest case (2 trays of 20 figures max) know as a Quarter Case starts at £12 but you can customise with various options from certain pre-cut foam for your X-wing fighters or such like too choice of foam colour (I went the standard blue as it's cheapest, but you can have pink foam if you wish).



A standard case can hold depending on trays selected of course a staggering 200 28mm figures, not too shabby.

They even do a range of bags and rucksacks but honestly they do seem a tad expensive for my tastes when you can just use any bag to do the job (Mine fit in a Tesco's Bag for Life, hobo style :) hehe).

Anyway, that's enough rambling for me, if your skill reading this what are yor views on KR and other brands of cases, what do you use?

Ta Ta for now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...