Thursday, 4 September 2014

Rogue Trader 15mm: Emperor's Children


So Chico's been a busy boy and knocked out the first Warband from my Rogue Trader 15mm Project

Emperor's Children


Quite happy with my first try at 15mm, these are more 18mm though so it was perhaps a easy choice to start off with them, plus it's the smallest Warband and I'm so used to painting purple.



These were great fun to paint and I wish there were more versions as I'd like some more to add them (After the next 6 Warbands I have planed, yup update soon with 3 extras I have yet to mention on my Blog).

Also trying out new basing scheme, a wet swamp using GW Stirland Mud and some unbranded Inks I had laying around from when I worked in Hobbycraft a decade ago.

Comments?

12 comments:

  1. Looking good! I like the pop of color and the slimy base works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour scheme. I always loved the space Vikings, they have a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out the sculptor who made the ranges blog: http://talesfromfarpoint.blogspot.co.uk/ loos of goodies on there.

      Delete
    2. It's one of the blogs I follow. There's some great stuff on there. I started my own today, following my sculpting progress.... Just playing catchup at the moment :-)

      Delete
  3. I don't know how well they go together, but I've been planning to use the Nox from Ion Age as my chaos renegades in 15mm. Given the broad range of looks and armour, I suspect you'll find a good match from much of the Ion Age.

    That said, I'm bloody glad you painted these as you have - it's a great opportunity to see what they look like in an RT setting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are nice looking indeed, not sure how they'll blend with the Space Vikings. Many thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  4. Hi!

    Cracking paint job on those figures!

    Alas I seem to always reset my sculpting to 18mm scale! I have just finished sculpting a big guy with a chain axe that would fit in with them rather nicely and there's also a bio-armour suit with a heavy weapon on the cards too.

    If there's enough interest in the figures, I am more than happy to sculpt more of them and will put the sculpts up for sale at the end of the month.

    Can't wait to see what you do next!

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I prefer the 18mm scale as well as it helps my eyes out alittle. As more figures I'd love for you to do more and for someone to take them in to production. Up next is some Ork Freebooters :)

      Delete
  5. Looking good!
    Thinking of 15mm using some of the Matchbox stuff some pretty cool apc's!
    Tho called something stupid :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out 'Frost Fighter' Matchbox 2014 range!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye I found a few nice bits today in a discount store :) Including a Frosty Balls :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...