Tuesday, 28 April 2015

WEG Star Wars - Darth Vader, 501st Stormtroopers & Han Solo


It's been all go the last few days painting the WEG goodies I've been getting in trades/sales, as it's all been coming in piecemeal I've been choosing bits to paint almost at random.

But I have finished a few bits and I'm quite pleased with them, gaming standard is the key here for not going crazy painting a smaller scale then most my chosen Sci Fi (Too be fair though I have done alot of 6mm, 15mm and 20mm so you'd think I be used to painting small by now eh?)

Darth Vader & 2 Stormtroopers of the 501st ''Vaders Fist''



I quite enjoyed painting up the Stormtroopers, just as well as I have a good 20 more to paint up. I decided to make them the 501st also known as ''Vaders Fist'' so to denote this I gave them black shoulder pads



Vader while a great little sculpt was bloody boring (And easy) to paint being mostly black. I doubt he'll get many games in though as having a Dark Lord of the Sith running round in a skirmish game may unbalanced it somewhat heh.

Of course since I'm using my own Universe/EU rather then the movies this does leave space for a Villian or 2. 

On my list to convert up is a Dark Jedi (Jedi failed in their training and took the easy way), a Sith (Too get around the rule of 2 they won't be a Banite Sith so therefore won't follow this rule) and some Bounty Hunters

Anyway I also finished painting Mr Han Solo who was also a rather simple paint job, also half way though Chewie but I'll save him for another post



Thanks for looking, and comments always welcome :)

14 comments:

  1. Great stuff, the Stormtroopers look ace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stuff Chico. Love 'em all, though Han Solo is probably my fave. great work on the stormtrooper's though. You've really nailed their colour scheme. Nice red on Vader's sabre too. You're certainly tempting me to get some :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, heh don't start these unless you fancy spending hours trying to track them down and even longer getting a good price.

      Delete
    2. Cheers matey. I've already had a look. £10 each is a bit step for a true 25mm mini for me... I'll stick to my pre-painted WoTC minis thanks :-)

      Delete
    3. Aye the BIN prices on ebay are stupid, but I've been paying around £1.50-£2 each for singles and a alot less in group buys (10 stormies for £5 was my best). Still adds up quickly though and my SW budget is almost gone

      Delete
  3. These are great Chico! I love the little eye-catching details like Solo's trouser stripe and Vader's chest unit. I really can't wait to see what else you have in store. Are you planning on mixing in other suitably scaled figures for some of your non-film characters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, aye I'll be using GZG and Denizen for various bits like Bounty Hunters, Dark Jedi, Sith and I plan to make some of the Star Wars Rebel TV series crew, plus Grendel Nexus walkers for AT-ST's. I'll also be using some of the Star Wars Monopoly collectors game pieces for extra bits (WEG did the pieces for the 97 set which are the same figures as the SWMB sets so they scale with the others)

      Delete
    2. I never knew the Monopoly pieces were the same. I've got that set in a cupboard somewhere.

      I wish those Denizen figures were 28mm though!

      Delete
    3. Yeah the 97 collectors set is the same miniatures, in fact the Hans and Darthabove are 2 from that set. I have ordered a couple of pieces from the Monopoly EP2 set to see if they scale as nice to give me a extra lightsable wielder.

      Delete
  4. Super cool painting and very nice pictures. I have a huge pile of theese cool Star Wars figurs for a future project. Will follow this work/progress with interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, glad you like them. Be sure to hit the blog follow button if you haven't already :)

      Delete
  5. Gaming standard nothing - they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...