Saturday, 28 March 2015

Necromunda: Redemptionists Pt.1


So as I have pretty much given up massed wargaming (40K, WhFB and such like) and gone pretty much to skirmish gaming for my fix I've been allowing myself a few added extras in this case Resin bases, as I'm only needed a handful of figures rather then a armies worth it's affordable  (£2.50 for 10, gets cheaper the more you order as you get discounts) and makes them 100 times better in my eyes.

3 Redemptionists: Brethren. Priest & Deacon, 
The figures are scultped by fellow Oldhammer'er Scalene and sold via Lancer Miniatures under the sub banner Warfactory 28mm. You can also see Scalenes Blog/Website HERE which you can see a few more WIP which I will be nabbing once they are cast :)


Now you know me I like to support the little guys as much as I can either by giving them my custom or as a quick promo. But these are great if a little plain side, but there's not much you can do with robes though eh?

Priest
Deacon
Brethren
I have 3 more to finish, should only take another day and I'll have most of the Mob painted, then it's just a case of waiting till the others get released :)

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful work Chico. I love the look of these. Great work. I also like the 'side boob' tease of the buggy currently sat upon your painting table. You're such a devil ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh the buggy won't get started for awhile yet.. can't bring myself to start it. I still have 4 months before the event so it's all gravy. Thankies for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Great to see them painted Chico. I have just sculpted the head on the grenade launcher variant. He is bald headed with a weird targeter mask and his hood pushed back - so a bit more head variety for you there. There's another one with a rifle completely finished too (bottom left in the previous WIP shot).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stuff the more the merrier in my eyes :) I'll be getting every one you make that is for sure :)

      Delete
  3. Pretty nice! I like how they look, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! A rip off of the rip off of the rip off!
    The Red Redemtionists appeared in Druillet's Lone Sloane comics, stolen for Laserburn, stolen for GW fantasy 3rd edition, relabelled for Necromunda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed and no doubt another few ideas borrowed from other places as well all rolled into a new form, To quote Mr Twain: “There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of colored glass that have been in use through all the ages.” And welcome to my humble blog.. now wheres my asscannon! heh

      Delete