Wednesday 26 November 2014

Nostalgia or Why we buy silly things..

Oldhammer, Retrogaming, collecting/hoarding or whatever else you wish to label is simply a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past.

Or

Nostalgia

We all have that same feeling of that ''Golden Age'' when we first looked upon the hobby we now love and some cases despise. My ''Golden Age'' is around '94 to '98 when I was deeply rooted in the hobby and for a fat nerdy and very quiet kid a way to express himself and not feel quite an outcast.

My local hobby shop was and still is GW Watford, I remember or at least though my nostalgia tinted glasses a welcoming place as much as a smelly Heavy Metal booming shop could be I guess.

It was nostaliga which made me buy these are longing for them as a poor kid

The staff at the GW became my friends and I' still in contact with a handful of them. In fact it was also down to that and once again the nostalgic glasses that I worked for ''The Company'' in '01.

Anyway so what's my point?

Well nostalgia is in part (A very large part in my case) why I buy silly things what I don't need. Such as the paint sets shown in the pictures.


As a spog I grew up rather poor and hate to admit rather wasteful of the money I did get (Birthdays, Xmas) so I never did manage to get the items I wanted and when I did they wasn't well looked after. I was always trading with friends and looking back I seemed to get the worst end of the deal. One of the biggest things I lost was this:


For some reason this was on sale in my local GW early and a bought it was my Birthday and Xmas money but was sold a year later for other toys (SoB I think).

One of these days I' love to own it again but it tends to for silly money, I maybe older but I'm not any richer heh.

Anyway thats enough of me rambling on trying to find an excuse of why I have more paints coming in the mail..

First free to comment and reember to click follow the Blog :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...