Friday, 28 November 2014

Black Friday, Cyber Monday.. Orcs Nest?



So since today is Black Friday a trend brought over by those bloody.. sorry lovely Yank-a-doodles, me and my Wife decided it was high time for a trip into London. What's a trip into London without going into the infamous Orcs Nest (And Forbidden Planet but shhh we won't talk about how much my Wife sent in there).





I go around 2 times a year to see what shineys they have to tempt me, while I do order alot of stuff online there is nothing like walking into a shop and drooling over everything in person.

Now I think I may have spent alittle bit too much..

Ummm.. I like SAGA is a good excuse right?
Sadly while well stocked they did have a few gaps, no Wargames Factory or Gripping Beast Bondi and no Raven Fury SAGA expansion. Still I got a Orcs Nest mug to go with my T-shirt I got last time.

Oh well time to save up for next time...

11 comments:

  1. Love that shop, been a few years since I've been in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be rather hit and miss, last time I went it was naff... but always worth a shot going :)

      Delete
  2. Chico, quite right you can't visit London without going into Forbidden Planet. But the Orc's Nest is definitely on that list as well. I agree it can be a bit 'hit and miss' from time to time, but they do try to host everything gaming mini/boxed set imaginable - so they're always a few holes. Sadly I don't think I bought anything last time I visited them. Lovely Saga haul btw. Looking forward to some of your Batreps when you've painted up your warband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anglo-Danes are all painted well 4points are which is the size a few people at my Club plays at. With the Dark Age warrior box I can get cracking on my Vikings though :)

      Delete
  3. To be honest I went to Orcs Nest once and while they had good stock they didn't seem to have enough floor space to stock a lot. Compared to a Troll Trader in Truro which is ginormous....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is rather small I'd love for them to have double the space.

      Delete
  4. Yeah... But think how much real estate costs in London compared to Truro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus it's in Truro.. nobody likes Truro ;)

      Delete
    2. As a Cornishman I feel I must fight for Troll Trader here ;) However I always wondered Cornwall only has 200,000 people. They must make most of their money with their online shop surely?

      Delete
  5. Good to see someone else reviewing good old bricks and mortar.

    Ludimus in Londinio reviewed Orcs Nest recently as well - and we felt London offers much better. How did you find the staff and pricing?

    Here's what we thought:
    http://ludimusinlondinio.wordpress.com/2014/11/30/emptum-in-londinio-a-review-of-orcs-nest/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is what it is really, nothing special but for sheer nostalgia there's not much better out there. I found the staff quite friendly this time but aye they aren't always. As for price it's cheaper online but there is something quite nice about holding the toys in your hands before buying, plus no long delivery times heh

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...