Sunday, 27 September 2015

Tale of 4 Oldhammer Gamers - Pt.5 - Hobgoblin Rōnin on Temple Lion


So how are we doing today my fine readers of OoaB!

Well England lost their Rubgy game last night.. silly buggers!

But even that news hasn't dampened out my shine today as tomorrow I start my new job (I was at current a carer for my Wife, but she is back working herself now) so I'm back into the workforce and earning a couple of quid a month.

Now that might mean a reduced post output from me while I get used to working again but I don't forsee it being too bad to keep the painting and hobby running at full force.

Anyway on a related note this post is a tad early being next months To4G entry but I got it finished while I knew I had the time spare.

So I bring forth!!

Hobgoblin Rōnin on Temple Lion


Hobhinaka, Outast and now Rōnin, Masterless and alone rode high on his Temple Lion a gift from the dark masters of the east.

The west shall know his name and fear his tread for he has nothing to lose and everything to atone for.



I'm rather happy with the outcome but I do have to say the Jade Temple Lion isn't quite as bright in person


Hope you enjoyed the post and feel free to comment as always.

Ta Ta for now!

14 comments:

  1. Very nice! Where's the mini and mount from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hobgoblin is a conversion from various Citadel bits and the Temple Lion is from Black Hat Minitures Tales of the Dragon Kings range.

      Delete
  2. A lovely jade colour scheme there Chico. Good luck with the new job tomorrow. Remember to wear a tight thong, so the fivers don't fall out like last time you were employed by me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you did keep trying to pay me in 2p's... ;)

      Delete
  3. Superb stuff Chico. What colour/s did you use for the Jade Lion please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice and simple (Just like me), VGC Jade over Black Undercoat, 50/50 AP Green Wash and VGC Black Wash then reblock VGC Jade and just add white for each highlight

      Delete
  4. Great character =) Never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joys of converting up old lead :) Thankies

      Delete
  5. Chico, are the mount and rider separate? And remind my failing memory who is the manufacturer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye the Temple Lion and the rider comes separate when you buy them (The rider is now in my bits box heh) and it's from Black Hat Miniatures :)

      Delete
    2. Chico thanks I've been looking for a sub since I sold my citadel temple dog years ago. Have you found a good Ki-rin model? Not sure citadel ever made one and I'd like one for my Nippon Merc contingent.

      Delete
    3. Ral Partha made/makes a nice Ji-rin, which is best I found really :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...