Monday, 13 October 2014

Orctober: Orc Bolt Thrower & Agaroth The Unwashed


Greenskin painting continues on and off (Also painting a few other bits at the same time) this time with my first full blood Orcs and a dirty little chappy.






I had fun painting the Orcs so I may have to add a unit to my Outcasts, which fluff wise I was staying away from (As my force is led by a Outcast Goblin King) other then Warmachine Crews. But screw that as there's a few Chaosy looking Orcs I could hunt out :D

Agaroth The Unwashed

Mr Unwashed is a Half Orc from the White Dwarf personality box, until I trade/bought him from Mister Rab last week I didn't even know about the figure. It's a very rough sculpt but I quite like him.

My Hobgobin collection is getting rather large now so I may just have to paint a few...of course I did just undercoat a couple so maybe they'll be next?

But Don Uglie and his Ape Gang are calling out for some paint.. choices choices..

7 comments:

  1. I like these a lot, and those Orcs look very nice indeed. I can see what you mean about Mr Unwashed's sculpting but i think your painting of his face works really well and he's clearing yelling "Blargh!!" :-) Its got to be Don Uglie and his Ape Gang surely? You need something for those excellent looking Judges you painted recently to contend with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been wanting to paint the Apes for awhile but it took beawhile to find a Don Ugglie on Ebay and plus pin stripe suits scare me lol.

      Delete
    2. "...plus pin stripe suits scare me lol." That's why mine will all be wearing simple grey attire when I get round to painting them :-)

      Delete
  2. Well you've certainly brought that odd little sculpt to life - nice brushwork! Your output this month is putting mine horribly to shame. Hmm... perhaps I could squeeze a couple of hours in this evening after the kids are in bed and finish off the three orcs that are underway to leave a clear desk for the wyvern I got from phreedh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky as I have no kids to look after and give my time too, unless you count cats and their wanting to eat the toys. Plus like my Challenges I find a deadline motivates me to stick to a time frame. I'm hoping for around 3k-5k Greenies to be painting to face Thantants at BOYL15.

      Delete
    2. 3-5k?! You're barking mad mate... and I mean that as a compliment!

      Anyway, ankle-biters safely abed, so it's brushes time :)

      Delete
    3. Na I have 2k-2.5k painted with the added bits painted this month. With another 2 weeks left of Orctober I'm sure I could get at least another 500 points with ease. :)

      Delete