Saturday, 17 January 2015

Blood Bowl: What!?-Fords Part 1


So after finishing my Ogre yesterday for the 100 Club Oldhammer Challenge I decided my newly acquired Human Team needed a lick of paint (Sorry Chaos Team you have to wait).

Now I have 24 Human players a mix of 2nd Ed metals & 3rd Ed plastics and metal Star Players. Not knowing what my team will consist of for the League starting up soon at my local Club I took the random approach and fished out 4 players to get cracking on at random.

Turned out to be a 2nd Ed Chucker (Thrower) and Catcher, plus 2 3rd Ed Mono-pose plastic Linemen.

What!?-Fords Players showing off for a photoshoot.

Have to say I'm very pleased with these, even the plastics seemed to take the paint well. Yellow is smooth and the red is bright. The Astrogranite Textured Paint is a bugger to work with but I like how smooth it comes out.

Yet to paint the player numbers as I havn't a clue which ones I'll use in the starting team as I said above.

Catcher & Chucker

Linemen

Dipping into the bag of players the next 4 to see paint will be:

Plastic Lino, Blizter & Thrower plus the Mighty Zug Star Player, should be fun :D

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, striking looking team so far. Popular wisdom with humans is to go with all 4 blitzers and at least 1 thrower. I guess you're keen on using the ogre? I'd add in a single catcher then fill up the squad with linemen, reserves and re-rolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My team in my head is:

    Ogre
    4 Blizters
    Thrower
    Catcher
    4 Linos
    3 re-rolls
    10k spare

    But I was also thinking changing it up depending a few play testings to come

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently acquired that Ogre at my FLGS for 3.50 GBP. At first I thought it was a Blood Bowl one and then I found it under the old catalogues under the Fantasy section. Seeing yours painted up nicely had confirmed to me that this is where it should be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye i'd try not to worry where figures are in catalogues well not since Citadel moved Dr Who Minis in too the Judge Dredd Collection.Glad you like him though :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely smooth yellows and I really like the gentle gradation of the red on the shoulder of the monopose linesman.

    The Ogre literally toeing the line painted onto his base is a nice touch. Makes him look like he's eager to get stuck in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate glad you like them, Red and Yellow are 2 of my favourite colours to paint atm.

      Delete