Friday 5 December 2014

Wargames Scenery: Gaming Mats


So if I'm honest my gaming table stalled, the reason was just how to go about making it. I'm not very DIY unless you mean Destroy It Yourself.

The main problem was what do I use.. do I run with a expensive Battleboard set (Games Workshop) or a home made textured board, maybe even a new rubber gaming mats (Mantic) or a classic flocked mat.

Then of course what colour as I base 40k/Sci-Fi 1 way and Fan/Historic another (Which still has exceptions to the rules..)

Right I think i have made my mind up.


Javis Heath do a range of nice 4ft by 2ft Gaming Mats for a rather cheap price of £4 a roll. So I picked up 2 of the Large Black Tarmac rolls which I may or may not paint up lighter to use as board for Snow and Sci-Fi Grey battlefields (Necromunda, Judge Dredd & Combat Zone).

Now I don't play large mass battle games anymore and well I tend to find them rather boring and alot of work for not much extra enjoyment so I just need a 4ft by 4ft for my needs.

Perfect as I don't have much space for storage or gaming.

Or course that may just be a mess and not working, so I'm keeping my options open. I do happen to like the Mantic gaming mats (Mars Attacks & Deadzone).


Now why they are great I'd need 4, and at £15 each that's fecking expensive... lets hope option 1 works!

So what do you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...