Thursday 14 May 2020

Footsore Miniatures: The Barons' War



Bit of a random project for me, I've never really done much Dark Age/Middle Age gaming other than SAGA a few years back(Which if I'm honest I didn't like the dice and board mechanic).

So when I saw a few Youtubers like Boots on the Table with Dom and The Eccentric Man  paint some up and do a review it sparked a little unknown interest in myself.

So I ordered a little test order from Footsore (Expecting a long wait I might add) and was happily surprised when I got my order in less than a week.. result.

I was a bit of a muppet though and ordered the wrong Flag and decal set (Marshal Jr rather then Sr) but hey not a major problem just have to buy more later eh? Shhh don't tell she who lurks in shadows.

Painted example from Footsores website
The sculpts are very very nice but alot of flash, but nothing I'm not used too.

Plus as a bonus this month they are adding in a free figure:


How did they know that free is my favourite price? (Other than Katie).

These can be used for games set during The Barons’ Wars, and not only that, they’ll work for both sides of the conflict! Additionally, they’ll work well for games that take you Crusading in the Middle East, particularly the Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Crusades (and a few years/decades either side).

Plus to top that all off there with be a ruleset for these coming soon.

So thats the lot for today, maybe I'll get some paint on these soon... maybe heh

TTFN
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...