Saturday 13 June 2020

French Indian War - British 22nd Foot Pt.1


Leading on from the post earlier in the week I've pushed on with the British side of my FIW project.

Surprisingly it gained a fair amount of views and likes on the various groups and on the Blog so it's spurned me on a tad.

So anyway what I have managed to finish is the first section/group of the 22nd Foot including a NCO.



Figures are a mix of Warlord Games and Front Rank, now the FR figures are alot bulkier than Warlord but honestly on the tabletop it'll matter not.




 Funnily enough these are also the first ever British Red Coats I have ever painted in 27 years of the hobby let alone just this period.

Think they came out rather well and back in my classic dirty style that I love and not losing that red pop.

 I started with a grey/white zenithal and used Contrast paints for flesh, wood. hats and belts and  VGC Vermilion for the coats and Buff for the turnovers than GW Leadbelcher for the metal. Everything including the white/grey was washed in Vallejo Umber.

When dry everything was highlight back up once, that'll do for the line troopers so I called it quits.

Bases are Geek Gaming Base ready and Warpainter tuffs.


This are painted up as the 22nd Foot with light buff facings and white gaiters. I've ordered some cotton flags for this regiment and I think the 35th (Yellow facings, white gaiters)

  
Whelp I hope you enjoyed my little venture and you are all safe but that's ya lot for today so boys and ghouls.

TTFN
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...